Contributed by Karin Desveaux-Potters, Gastronomy Cluster, Economic Development Office.
Many of you have been asking about the annual Harvestin’ Supper. Traditionally, the supper has been held in rotating towns in Prince Edward County over a span of four years; first in Bloomfield as a lunch, then Milford as a supper, then Wellington and last year on Main St in Picton. All events were produced by the folks at Taste the County and the Economic Development Office.
The Harvestin’ Supper now has a new fomat for 2010. Community groups and businesses in Prince Edward County are welcome to host a “Harvestin’ Supper” of their own, using the logo to help promote the event. The food must be 100% locally sourced and sources cited on the menu. For more information, please contact me at 613.476.2148 x 344 or email email@example.com
On September 9th, Currah’s Catering of Picton will host a 100% County Supper at Sandbanks Provincial Park on the beach. There are only 700 tickets available so be sure to get yours early to avoid disappointment.
DATE: Thursday, September 9th, 2010
SEATINGS: 4 pm, 5:30 pm, 7 pm
PRICE: $20.00 per person (includes entry to park for supper)
PURCHASE TICKETS: online www.countytix.ca , By phone613.476.1991, In person at the Festival Players Box Office located at Books & Company, 289 Main Street, Picton
LIMITED SEATING AVAILABLE
- Dinner Rolls from The Pastry House, butter from Reid’s Dairy
- Vicki’s Veggies Heirloom tomato salad with sweet onions from Honey Wagon Farms
- Mixed greens from Cherryvale Farms and Blake and Sandi Vader with a herb vinaigrette
- Corn on the cob from Terry Laundry and L.B. Hagermans Farms
- Roast Beef from Sunset Farms and Carson Bay Farms
- Pig on a spit from Blaine Way
- Apple Crumble made from Maw’s Lakeview Side Orchard
- Bottle water from Pure County Water Company
QUESTIONS? Please call 1.866.845.6644 or e-mail