Contributed by Dan Taylor, Economic Development Office.
In my last post I mentioned that Wolf Braun contacted me to let me know that Wellington had some great attributes, following a blog that I had written about PIcton.
Instead of coming up with all the great reason’s to like Wellington myself, I thought I would reach out to the crowd in facebook and twitter and source your ideas. Here goes, in no particular order.
1. @tallpoppycafe says “Friendly neighbours, great community involvement at the school, Home Hardware will bend over backwards for you.”
2. Shannon Colleen Pitt “The lake(s). Walking on the beach in town. Being able to head to a winery if the lcbo is closed. The tall poppy cafe. Side Street Gallery. And, I heard it’s the most patriotic town in Canada.
3. Alyson Cranshaw How about the new arena? Or the Dukes, even? Can we claim West Lake? The lighthouse is pretty…ooooh!! Pumpkinfest!! – Lol – you’re making me homesick and I’m only in Kingston
4. Bethel Organics Loves the Retro LCBO and the Magical Mushroom Factory.
5. Phil Norton Wellington is County BASEBALL central ….the Field of Dreams….home of no less than 5 PEC champion teams in the 2010 Quinte minor baseball league
6. Jonas Newman The Park on the Lake, East and Main.
7. @OntarioCulinary Wellington and surroundings…These folks R gr8! @Rosehall_Run @normhardie @grangewinery @hinterlandfizz @KarloEstates @TheOldThird
8. @PECVacations I Hear great things about East & Main, and can’t wait to eat there. Also love the garden store on the edge of the village
9. Erin Bennett Traer Dan there is a good little video on the Wellington website
10 @SandbankHomes Does snow count? Can’t limit it to only 2, @grangewinery @SandbanksWinery @eastandmain The Dukes! Sandbanks Bar & Grill
I couldn’t fit all the great things in, so there is at least one more blog about this. Stay tuned.
If you would like to live in Wellington or Prince Edward County, move your business or start up a new one give me a call 613-471-0881 and we will try to help you make the move.